Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Springtime and Retro Treasures ....

Okay so we just thought Spring was here ... pout pout.  Yesterday was a bit cool and very windy.  I think we had wind gusts of 50+ mph.  It wasn't nice .... I worry so much about the pine trees and other trees in our yard ... just hoping they stay upright.  Well, today we woke up to 4" of snow and cold weather. There were no birds chirping outside the window this morning and it has remained cloudy and snowy all day.  The daffodils have hung their heads and will probably say goodbye for the season after this surprise.  But tomorrow is another day ... and the weather guy is calling for sunshine to return.  YAY!!



Isn't this the greatest retro needlework piece ever?  My precious Mom embroidered this back in the 70's sometime and it hung in my childhood home for many many years.  About a year ago, I stopped by Mom's house and noticed that she had several bags on the curb with a sign that said "Goodwill".  I thought it wise to check out what was in the bags ... and voila here was this handmade beauty ... going to the GOODWILL.  Oh, I was so thankful that I was there to rescue this piece of my childhood.  I sure hope Mom was listening when I asked her to check with me before leaving treasures like this on the curb.  It's all mine now and is hanging proudly in my home ..... Happy Tuesday Friends ~


2 comments:

  1. What a find for you-so sad if it did get out of the family. Your Mom did a great job with the embroidery, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy ~ Mom was quite the crafter and quilter back in the day. She still has a few treasures left thankfully.

    ReplyDelete