Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Christmas in April ..

Bought a pretty Christmas quilt pattern in hopes of having it completed by Christmas ~ for me that is a pretty tall order but I'm optimistic!!  Here are the first three blocks.  The idea of "redwork" is so nice as there are no color changes :).  Makes it go much faster.  Look at these little cuties .. just love their personalities!




If you are a needlepoint person and haven't looked at Crabapple Hill Studio on the web ~ you really should.  Lots and lots of cute stuff.  Here is the pattern ..



The pollen count seems to have slowed down a bit so we are enjoying the outdoors ~ tending to the flowers, the lawn, the baby chicks and all the other little beauties of Spring.  Need to get busy planting flowers, especially my favorite ~ the Sunflowers.  This year I hope to have a garden and it's always fun deciding what to plant.  We have a late planting season here in the White Mountains so there will be no planting before May 31st.  Several years ago we learned not to rush Mother Nature .. not even by 3 days.  One year we were enjoying warm spring days and decided to put the garden in ~ and along came 3" of snow 3 days later.  I think my Father-In-Law enjoyed the "I told you so". 





We are headed to a bike race with some friends in Prescott ~ hopefully no rain!  Will have some nice pictures of the guys when we return.

Have a blessed day and thank you for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. The redwork is great! I really like redwork too because of the same reasons you do. One color, no thread changes, and it looks great! Your spring flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment....this about the embroidery your mom did back in the day....God Bless Our Pad. OH!!! I just love it! I wonder if we could find that pattern out there somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mom did that when I was in high school ~ long ago. I asked her if she would look in her craft closet for the pattern and she will. I will keep my fingers crossed. Not sure if you read the blog that went with that .. Mom had a bag of goodies on the curb for Goodwill. I came over to visit and looked in the bag ~ and that beautiful embroidery piece was in there. I was so thankful to have found it and Mom took a scolding from her youngest daughter. 😳

      Delete
    2. I just googled "God Bless Our Pad" crewel. My gosh ~ it was back by popular demand a year or so ago but seems to have sold out. Some finished pieces are for sale on etsy and there was a new unopened pattern for sale on eBay ... yikes it was $99.99. Will be so nice if Mom finds it :) I will let you know.

      Delete