Monday, July 8, 2013

Happy Birthday America!


I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, 

and to the Republic for which it stands.

One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all !!!


I have moments of overwhelming pride about the blessing of living in America.  Sometimes it's the simplest things that bring on these feelings ... from the wide open beauty of our land to our privilege of free speech.  Hubs and I have the gift of traveling to other countries with his work and it's always a surprise and a wake~up~call for me when I see how different life is in other places ... some live in very confined quarters where life is more complicated, where a garden is one pot with one tomato plant, where transportation is a motor scooter come rain or shine and yet they are very happy and content folks.  I enjoy experiencing cultures that are different than ours ... it helps me to be even more thankful for all that we have here in our piece of heaven in northern AZ ~ and we LOVE coming home to our America.



This nation will remain the Land of the Free only 
so long as it is the Home of the Brave !!!








We went fishing a few days ago.  I came up lucky that day and out-fished hubby ~ this is

always a sore spot for him.  Even worse when Grandson #1 said "Papa, I think Granny is the

master now".  Oh well ... He was busy getting ALL my fish off the hook and driving the

boat!  They were beautiful Rainbow Trout!  







This pretty fella paid no mind to us as we cruised by in the boat.  He's a Great Blue Heron ... I think he was eyeballing my fish for supper.




Be silly .. be honest .. be kind!

1 comment:

  1. Dang thats a huge fish!!!! Please tell me you threw that lil booger back lol love you

    ReplyDelete